Squash On Fire Player Network
Are you an early bird who likes to play in the morning? Perhaps you prefer a lunch time game to break up the day? Or maybe you’re just looking for a new squash partner to fit your new schedule. Join our Squash On Fire Player Network! We are available to help you find playing partners and so if you’d like to participate please complete a short questionnaire by clicking here. Contact email@example.com with any questions!
Squash On Fire Ladder
The 2021 Fall Ladder will run as a 14-week tournament from September 13 – December 19. We are excited to continue our Sprint Series feature to help create more competition within the ladder and give players the opportunity to win prizes every two weeks along with the overall season long spoils! To generate the most enjoyable and engaging environment for all the participants, the ladder will be split into divisions from Monday, November 1. This means that during the final half of the season we will see a series of concurrent battles as competitors strive to win their respective divisions. As ever, the goal is to encourage players of all ages and skill levels to take part! This will also apply to the formatting of Ladder Nights that we will run on the following evenings:
Friday, October 8
Friday, October 22
Friday, November 5
Friday, November 19
Friday, December 3
Friday, December 17
Ladder nights: Each ladder night costs $30 to participate in and you’ll play three matches in a 1.5 hours period against three others around your level.
Signing up: To sign up, log into your Squash On Fire account and purchase one of the Ladder packages below. All packages cover administrative/organizational fees, weekly communications, and prizes.
1. Fall Ladder Package: $50 – Covers entry into the Fall Ladder.
2. Fall Ladder Pro Package: $200 – Covers entry into the Fall Ladder and 15 off-peak play credits (usable at all times aside from 6pm - 7:30pm on weekdays and 9am - 11:30am on weekends) to use during this ladder season.
Booking matches: Before the ladder begins on September 13, you will be sent your official Ladder email so you will know who is participating and have their contact information to book matches. You can then get to work on submitting challenges to others and scoring points!
All matches will be the best of 5 games
Scores should be recorded on a ladder scorecard and returned to the front desk team post play
Per match played = 1 point to each player
Result of play = 3 points to the winner, 0, 1 or 2 points to the loser depending on the number of games won
Bonus point = the winning player receives an additional point for a 3 - 0 margin of victory
You may only submit up to a maximum of 2 matches against the same opponent on any given day of ladder play
We will again have a player ratings (A, B or C) column on the ladder standings for informational purposes so that participants have some assistance in their match planning
Sprint series: Every 2 weeks, we will host a different Sprint series with the theme and prizes for each series being announced prior to the start of that iteration. Towards the end of each Sprint we will host a Ladder Night so you can earn some final points and enjoy some café specials with your fellow players and friends!
If you have any questions related to the ladder, please reach out to Will Hopton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Squash On Fire League
We are excited to announce the Fall 2021 edition of the in-house Squash On Fire league. The structure promotes balanced match play in a competitive but fun environment! The league will run on Sunday evenings at 5 pm starting from September 12 and conclude with playoffs and finals on December 19.
- Teams will field a match-day roster of 4 players totaling 13.3 US Squash rating points or less. That maps into fielding rosters ranging from beginners to relatively advanced players. Overall team rosters will have 6-8 players each so there is no need to be available every Sunday!
- Because the rating cap will be strictly enforced, matches will be competitive and balanced!
- Players also must have an account in the Squash On Fire system and have a payment method on file. This is very important for liability reasons.
- All players who sign up will be charged $51 this covers your participation in 3 matches on different Sundays. From your 4th match of the season onwards dues will be $17 each time you play (and only when you play).
- To sign up, click here and enter (1) your name and email address and (2) your desired frequency of play ("Most weeks", "50%", or "Occasional"). Optionally, you can also enter your rating, whether your US Squash membership is paid and active, your desired team, and any other notes that would help us place you on a team.
- It is a requirement for all league players to be vaccinated. Before playing in a match opponents should share vaccination cards with each other. As per DC regulations all players must wear masks at all times when they are at Squash On Fire and this includes on court. The only exception to this is when actively drinking/eating at the Upper West Side Café.
- Please direct any league related questions to Will Hopton (email@example.com) or Cory Capps (firstname.lastname@example.org)